This month has been a firm wave of goodbye to sleep, and a (not so) warm welcome back to the eye bags.
– Nanny’s stairs. Aka not sitting down for longer than 10 seconds without having to crawl after her repeatedly saying ‘noooo’ to a brick wall (otherwise known as Amelie).
– Waving. I just love how she waves her little hands about when we say ‘hi’ or ‘bye’ to her. We’ve even had a ‘ba’ with a goodbye wave on the odd occasion!
– Kisses. Anything from slobbering all over my face, to giving her mirror reflection a good old smooch.
– Cutting a tooth. Poor little Ammie has cut not just one tooth, but THREE teeth since she’s been 9 months.
– Not having ice cream shared with her. If she spots the Twister, a frantic pitter patter of tiny hands and feet come crawling towards me. A girl of my own heart!
Current Bedtime and Feeding Routine
I mean, teething + sleep just don’t mix well apparently. I’ve secretly not minded having Amelie up with us on an evening, but my eye bags say otherwise. She’s been going down around 8-9pm recently. Although I’d ideally like 7pm to be bed time I’m just happy that (after persistent sleep training) Amelie finally self soothes again. Woohoo!
I’ve recently filmed a video to show what Amelie eats in a day at 9 months old (https://youtu.be/xl4w5MHjcMg) but I’ll briefly explain here too. She has three to four 4oz bottles a day, although her first bottle of the day is generally 5oz. I tend to give her a filling meal for breakfast such as fruit toast and berries, or banana pancakes. If I’m out and about, she’s still having purées for lunch but I have recently started giving her little ham sandwiches and cucumber sticks. For dinner, Amelie has the same as us if possible – anything from pasta to curry.
What I’ve Learnt Since Last Month
Mum friends are everything. Since moving out of Bristol, I’ve made three bloody lovely mum friends. They’re totally normal, non judgmental, and they just GET IT. You know? It’s like oh crap, I forgot my wetwipes. No fear, here’s some wetwipes AND a nappy bag. Amazing!
I’m sorry that I’ve been slacking on the blog recently – life has just really got in the way. I’m now on YouTube, I’m working part-time and I’m a full-time mama; so any spare time is generally spent sleeping. I want to write because I want to write, not because I feel like I should. My posts are much better when they’re passionate (cringe) so I’d rather do it as and when it suits me (failed blogger) than on a set day every week. I hope you understand!