For me, Orange Chocolate tastes like Christmas. This is mainly down to the number of Terry’s Chocolate Orange’s I devour every year. What’s a stocking without one, really? So, I’ve put together a short and easy recipe on how I achieved these delicious brownies (it takes roughly 1 hour inc. prep and cooking time, and can cut into 9 square brownies).
- 200g of butter, roughly chopped
- 1 orange
- 200g of dark cooking chocolate, broken up
- 350g of caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 100g of plain flour
- 50g of cocoa powder
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange, broken up
- Preheat the oven 180C/gas mark 4. Line your square tin with baking paper.
- Grate the zest of the orange. Add the butter, zest of the orange and dark chocolate to a pan. Gently stir together on low heat until it’s melted together, then leave to cool.
- Add the caster sugar and eggs to a mixing bowl and whisk together until the mixture has doubled in size.
- Gently stir in the butter, zest and chocolate mixture in with the sugar and egg mixture.
- Sift over the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Then, add the Terry’s Chocolate Orange pieces into the mixture. Gently mix in the flour, cocoa and chocolate pieces.
- Pour the mixture into your lined tin and leave to cook for 40 minutes. You’ll know the brownie is ready when the middle is no longer runny. If you stick a knife through, it should come out clean. Then, leave to cool.